CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Act Five.

“Oh it’s you. What’s up?” I greeted, poorly hiding the smile behind my face.

Going in the same school, me and her greet each other and occasionally, talked for a couple of seconds before parting. And every time that happened, I stupidly show her how much I was glad to see her with a smile that was enough to reach both of my ears.

She held a gray ticket on her right hand. "Can you go out with me?"

If this was a dream, I'd take sleeping pills every night.

I shook my head, while she stared at me weirdly. She repeated the words, the smile on her face still captivated my eyes. "I said, will you spare me some money and buy this ticket? Your friend Allen will dance too."

Did I hope for something more?
Was I expecting a change of heart?
Am I able to let myself believe that 'WE' could never be a...

"Reality..."

She was waiting for my answer, her cuddly cheeks squeezed by her smile, forming a small dimple on her right cheek. How could I ever reject the Girl Of My Dreams' offer?

"Sure. How much is it?" We continued walking around the lane, my eyes stuck at her black eyes, as if it were Hershey's Chocolate that costs half its original price. At the corner of lane 26, she bid me farewell, waving at the girl at the Juices' Stand.

It was the first time I never wanted a lane to end, except when it was a lane filled with chocolates.

After getting all my groceries, (while looking around for her) I paced out of the market and journeyed back to my apartment.

Robbed of 50 pesos by a cute girl, I picked up the ticket from my left pocket and read the words, while sighing. "Dance concert, eh? Totally not interested." I kept it inside my wallet--and kept it for good.

0 comments: